In January we celebrate National Mentoring Month, but at Northbridge mentoring is something celebrated year round.
At Northbridge we pride ourselves on a culture of growth, learning and promoting from within. We understand that the best candidates for leadership roles are associates who have worked the front lines and have a great understanding of what it takes to make our residents happy and support their fellow associates.
Northbridge co-founders, Jim Coughlin and Wendy Nowokunski, have themselves grown through the industry and have done a great job of mentoring others. Jim started as a dishwasher and Wendy as a Sales Director. Having a true understanding of how the industry works has led to a culture of growth from within.
Jim and Wendy understand the importance of educating about the senior living industry, the many career opportunities found within it and mentoring amazing talent. This allows them to recognize the many amazing caregivers we have in our communities, find them good mentors and elevate them to leadership positions.
Although Jim and Wendy love getting out into the communities and meeting with associates, they understand that to promote the best talent, they need to rely on the community leadership teams.
This has created a cycle of associates not only wanting to grow their own career, but wanting to help others grow in their careers as well (as long as it’s within Northbridge).
When debating the best way to show our culture of growth in a chart or graph we were a little stumped on what it should look like.
Should it be by department? By community? By state? It was a little overwhelming – a good problem to have when talking about promoting from within.
We decided to instead highlight a few examples from different departments and leadership levels across the the company to showcase the culture of growth and the amazing mentoring we have within our company.
We want to highlight a few growth journeys within Northbridge:
- Brenda Gellar: Sales Associate ⇒ Sales Director
- Carrie Hayes: Wellness Nurse ⇒ Resident Care Director
- Chantel Putnam: Dining Server ⇒ Sales Associate
- Courtney Freeman: Executive Director ⇒ Senior Executive Director ⇒ Regional Operations Director ⇒ Regional Vice President of Operations
- Danielle Dadiego: Wellness Nurse ⇒ Resident Care Director
- Erin Fowler: Resident Care Director ⇒ Sales Director ⇒ Executive Director
- Jamie Bell: Culinary Director ⇒ Senior Culinary Director ⇒ Corporate Director of Culinary Operations
- Jennifer Keilty: Sales Associate ⇒ Sales Director
- John Lamirande: Business Office Director ⇒ Executive Director
- Kathy Carter: Resident Care Associate ⇒ Assistant Engagement Director
- Kathy Kodwyck: Programming assistant ⇒ Avita Program Director
- Lynne McDonough: Business Office Director ⇒ Executive Director
- Maeghan Corbo: Chef ⇒ Culinary Director
- Marlena Sturtevant: Business Office Director ⇒ Regional Business Office Director
- Matt Tremblay: Culinary Director ⇒ Senior Culinary Director ⇒ Corporate Director of Procurement
- Mia Shea: Wellness Coordinator ⇒ Business Office Director ⇒ Regional Business Office Director
- Pat Armstrong: Chef ⇒ Culinary Director
- Rene Snook: Resident Care Director ⇒ Regional Director of Clinical Services
- Rosi Renedette: Resident Care Director ⇒ Regional Director of Clinical Services
- Tracy Hoppe: Resident Care Director ⇒ Executive Director
- Vanessa Peters: Weekend CNA ⇒ Resident Care Director ⇒ Executive Director
These are just a few of the many growth stories from within Northbridge. Everyone featured has been mentored by another Northbrige associate and understands the importance of being a good mentor to others.
It is a great leader who is able to inspire others rise to their full potential. We are fortunate to have so many great leaders and mentors within Northbridge.
For a more in depth story of mentorship and growth, check out this video featuring Director of Procurement – Matt Tremblay and Culinary Director, Maeghan Corbo. Matt and Maeghans story is a great example of how impactful a good mentor is.
Click below to read growth stories for the following associates:
Pat Armstrong – Culinary Director
Tracy Hoppe – Executive Director
Vanessa Peters – Executive Director
Maeghan Corbo – Culinary Director
Chantel Putnam – Sales Associate
Mia Shea – Regional Business Office Director
Nik James – Lead CRMA
Find a position at a Northbridge community near you!
Working at a Northbridge senior living community
If you are considering a career in senior living, we hope you’ll consider one of our communities. Our team of associates makes a meaningful difference in the lives of our residents, every day. Because of that, we treat our team like family and we’re happy to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Personal Days
- Paid Holidays & Sick Time
- Your Birthday Off
- Health Insurance to Qualified Associates
- 401k Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Education
- Associate Appreciation
View our careers website today to view open positions, what a day working at Northbridge is like, and why our associates love to work here.
As a New England senior living company, we pride ourselves in being the local choice for families in need of assisted living or memory care. We look to our teams of associates to truly make our communities home for our residents. Whether that’s a helping hand or a moment to listen to a story, our associates are dedicated and compassionate. With 19 communities in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, we hope you’ll find your home here too. If you already love what you do, and want to love where you work, apply now! We look forward to meeting you.