Sunnybrook Growth Story – Nik James
How long have you worked for Northbridge?
- A little over a year
What made you want to apply for a job in senior living?
- I love to see the smiles on the residents’ faces!
What have you learned about senior living and as a CNA as you’ve grown in your career at Northbridge?
- That you’re going to face new challenges every day. Take it one day at a time!
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- Knowing when I get home at night that the residents are well cared for.
What advice would you give someone thinking of becoming a CNA or CRMA?
- Take time for yourself and keep an open mind.
What advice would you share to someone who is currently completing a program to become a CNA? Anything you wish you could tell yourself when you were becoming a CNA?
- There are multiple opportunities in different settings.
What would you say to someone who is thinking of starting a job in Senior Living?
- I would definitely recommend it! It is hard work but rewarding!
What differentiates Northbridge from other companies?
- They go above and beyond for their employees. Also, they make sure the residents have a safe community to live in.
Can you describe the responsibilities you had as a CNA, and how have these prepared you for the role of a Lead CRMA?
- Working with residents, making sure any concerns are addressed and making sure their needs are met.
What have you learned in your new job since being promoted?
- I have learned how to trust myself more and how to become a leader!