Laurelwood at The Pinehills Culinary Director, Suzie Ferguson, shares her creative blueberry recipe with us – Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Bruschetta!
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon plus juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small loaf of French bread sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 stick of softened butter
- Fresh basil
- Mix blueberries, sugar and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, mix ricotta, heavy cream, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper until smooth (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Spread each side of the bread with butter, toast in a heated griddle on both sides until bread is crisp/brown (approximately 1-2 minutes) per side then allow to cool.
- Smear tablespoon of ricotta mixture onto toasted bread rounds. Top with blueberries and garnish with basil leaf then drizzle with balsamic.
At Northbridge we love working with local farms and vendors to make sure our residents enjoy the freshest food. To learn more about our Eat Fresh, Eat Local Signature program click here!
Not only are blueberries a delicious treat but they provide some great health benefits too! Be sure to read about the benefits of this super fruit in our blog about The Benefits of Blueberries.
Looking for other creative blueberry recipes? Check out some other favorites from our Culinary team: