July is National Blueberry Month and while we typically think about blueberries being in jams and pies, we have something a little different to try: Blueberry Glazed Breaded Chicken! This recipe came from one of our Chef’s at Sunnybrook in Brunswick, Maine and we hope you enjoy cooking this delicious recipe for yourself!
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 pieces of 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1TBS corn starch
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1TBS grated lemon zest
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Whisk egg and milk set aside.
- Mix flour and panko crumbs
- dip chicken breasts in egg mixture and then dredge chicken filet in the panko flour mixture coating well.
- heat pan with 1 TBS olive oil over medium high heat and pan sear both sides of chicken breast until golden brown
- place pan seared chicken breasts in coated pan and finish cooking in 4oo degree oven until chicken breast is 165 degrees in center.
- Combine 1 cup of blueberries, corn starch, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and place in a pot.
- cook over low heat mashing and stirring until mixture thickens and is clear.
- When clear take off heat wait 5 minutes and add the 1 cup of reserved blueberries
To serve: Plate pan seared breaded chicken breast and spoon blueberry glaze over the top and garnish with rosemary sprig.
At Northbridge we love working with local farms and vendors to make sure our residents enjoy the freshest food. To learn more about our Eat Fresh, Eat Local Signature program click here!
Not only are blueberries a delicious treat but they provide some great health benefits too! Be sure to read about the benefits of this super fruit in our blog about The Benefits of Blueberries.