Blueberries aren’t just for health snacking, one of our chefs from Avita of Needham found a creative way to include them in a classic dessert, Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies! Since this small super fruit has so many health benefits it’s no wonder it’s so versatile and can be added into a mix of foods and of course desserts!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teas. Vanilla
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon. Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 to three cups of fresh blueberries
- Cream butter and brown sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients until mixed.
- Add in blueberries.
- Drop by small scoop of the cookie dough on a lined sheet pan
- Bake at 325 degrees in convection oven for 10-12 minutes
- Cool and enjoy
At Northbridge we love working with local farms and vendors to make sure our residents enjoy the freshest food. To learn more about our Eat Fresh, Eat Local Signature program click here!
Not only are blueberries a delicious treat but they provide some great health benefits too! Be sure to read about the benefits of this super fruit in our blog about The Benefits of Blueberries.