Most of us have stood in line waiting for a valued product or service. Whether it was tickets to a movie or waiting to buy a long-sought-after item, we justified the wait as being worth it.
When deciding where best to launch your desired retirement lifestyle, getting on a waitlist might make all the difference – especially if your senior living community of choice is in demand and presently full. Or if you had your heart set on a one-bedroom corner apartment but there are none currently available.
Putting your name on the senior living community waitlist will ensure you’ll move up the line. And while you’re waiting, you can begin making plans for this new lifestyle.
Why join a senior living community waitlist? The benefits
Let’s delve into these communities’ many advantages and why they’re becoming increasingly popular.
1. Senior-friendly campus and services
Senior living communities are specifically designed for the needs and desires of older adults. This means the residences are move-in ready and all the common areas are accessible.
Additionally, residents benefit from planned activities, social events, housekeeping and dining options, making daily life much easier, convenient and enjoyable.
2. Opportunities for social connection and engagement
A sense of belonging is crucial at every age. Senior living community waitlists tend to grow for those who are known for their built-in network of peers – and who quickly reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
With a community’s social events, group activities and outings, residents are ensured to have many opportunities to stay engaged and connected.
3. Health and wellness programs
Most senior communities offer wellness programs tailored to the cognitive and physical needs of the older adult. This might include fitness classes, therapy pools, or even meditation sessions.
Another bonus? It is much easier to set and meet your wellness goals when you have the added motivation of getting in shape with friends.
4. Safety and security
Safety is a common concern and senior living community waitlists tend to grow for those who prioritize their residents’ security.
With personnel, alert systems and well-lit areas, residents find it reassuring that they are never really alone if help is needed.
5. Freedom from home maintenance
The ongoing demands of homeownership can be exhausting. In senior communities, residents love their new maintenance-free lifestyle.
While the community keeps everything in working order, residents explore new options and activities to take advantage of this newfound freedom.
6. Financial predictability
Residents can better predict their monthly expenses with a clear fee structure. Unlike homeownership, where unexpected repairs or maintenance costs can crop up, senior living communities typically offer a more consistent financial outlook.
Tips to getting into the most desirable communities
The increasing awareness of the advantages of senior living has led to high demand for premium communities – and thus the growing waitlist. Here are a few tips to increase your chances of getting into these sought-after places:
- Research early: Start your search well in advance. It’s never too early to begin educating yourself on everything a senior living community offers. This will also give you time to visit multiple communities, ask questions and make an informed choice.
- Join the waitlist: Getting on your preferred senior living community waitlist as soon as possible is advisable. It shows your keen interest and puts you in line for the next available spot. Confirm with the community but if a deposit is required, most are 100% refundable so you have nothing to lose.
- Attend events at the community: Many communities host events for potential residents. This is an excellent opportunity to get a feel for the place, meet current residents, and imagine your daily life there. Continue to visit several times while you’re on the senior living community’s waitlist and ask if you can join residents at dinner or participate in an activity of interest.
Senior living community waitlists: It’s worth the wait
When you find your perfect community and discover there is a waitlist – this should be encouraging. You’ll recognize the sign that many older adults agree with you that this community is worth the wait.
Visiting often and becoming familiar with the community can help you get a jump start on feeling at home when your name rises to the top of the list, which it will. Once the door opens to your community of choice, you can feel confident that the essence of your retirement will be focused on enjoyment, engagement and camaraderie — because that is what the best senior living communities offer.
Join us today!
All Northbridge communities with a waitlist offer an exclusive program for soon-to-be residents. With special gifts, private dining, invitations to special events and more – there are so many reasons to join!